An interesting and unique position has become available for a Purchasing Manager working with a very important engineering manufacturing company who are globally recognised for being at the forefront of their field.
As Purchasing Manager you will be reporting directly into reporting to the Senior Purchasing Manager and play a key and important part within the department.
The supervision of a team of Buyers and to provide support for the Senior Purchasing Manager, deputising in their absence and covering all aspects of Purchasing and Man-Management skills and duties.
Proactively drive the team to deliver against Scorecard objectives and business priorities.
To procure a range of commodities in accordance with the Purchasing and business procedures with a strong focus on commercial acumen and account management skills to deliver departmental objectives specific to quality, cost and delivery.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
* Supervise and support buyers in their day to day activity and delivery of objectives.
* Represent the section at cross functional meetings.
* Drive and manage TVM meetings and new model program activities. Develop and execute robust procurement strategies aligned with current and future business requirements
* Work closely with the Procurement Development team to ensure compliance with departmental procedures and take an active role in continuously improving procedures
* Deputise for Purchasing Management, to include the day to day running of the Purchasing team.
* Prepare and present Purchasing status and metrics to business management team.
* Coordinate and manage supplier performance with Quality and MP&L functions ensuring performance targets are met.
* Provide support for individual and team development, including induction training and skill's gap analysis ensuring section training plan is effective.
* Procurement and negotiation responsibility for both individual and teams objectives.
* Working with a cross functional team to establish and set programme financial targets.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Ideally the successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, and or a full member of CIPS, or at least working towards it.
* Proven experience as a line manager of a team
* Extensive Purchasing experience ideally within a manufacturing environment is required; however, of greater importance is the individual's aptitude and commitment to rapidly assimilate the needs of the role and to be quickly performing in the role, to a high standard.
* The individual should hold a full driving licence, passport and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require it.
* A competent understanding of the Microsoft suite of office tools would be advantageous.
For further information or to apply please contact Lisa Brassingtor email
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.