An interesting position has become available for a Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias to work with an important manufacturing company based in Swindon, Wiltshire who are globally recognised for being at the forefront of their field.
As Maintenance Engineer you will play an important part within a company who are part of a larger global group and who make an important impact within the medical field.
* Complete and taking accountability for maintenance activities (planned and unplanned), utilising operational excellence and continuous improvement activities to improve equipment reliability and ensure minimal equipment downtime.
* During maintenance incidents, actively using problem solving and lean manufacturing techniques to identify the true root cause of the issue - and implement corrective actions.
* Complete all necessary documentation regarding maintenance activities, including highlighting errors or bad practices and making suggestions for improvements either to systems or equipment, and take ownership for progressing required documentation (e.g. Change Controls, Validation documents, etc.) through to completion, in line with Company procedures.
* Utilise external resource, where appropriate, to obtain services/components, generating, completing and obtaining the appropriate documentation and approval to proceed (e.g. Purchase Orders, spares requests, quotations, etc.).
* Monitor and control spares in an efficient manner.
* Upgrade and improve equipment as appropriate.
* Write clear and accurate maintenance instructions.
* Drive improvements within the maintenance team to maximise efficiency within the Production and Maintenance departments to Lean the process, eliminating or reducing waste and/or non-value adding activities.
* Be accountable and responsible for ensuring all personal activities are effectively closed on time, in line with agreed targets and timelines (e.g. PPM, Deviations, Change Controls, Training, etc.).
* Ensure aseptic licence is kept up to date.
* Ensure the workplace is kept clean and tidy in line with 5Sprinciples, maximising efficiency.
* Organise and carry out training and / or instruction of engineering and non engineering staff.
* Provide cover for team members, including Technical Specialists and Engineering Coordinators as required.
* Work on projects as defined by engineering management.
* Comply with GMP requirements and company rules, policies and procedures.
* Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others.
* Take an active role in increasing standards of safety and quality within the business, through highlighting hazards and making improvements in equipment and/or procedures.
* Understand and ensure implementation of emergency procedures and safe systems of work.
* Ensure compliance with environment, health and safety rules, signage and instructions at all times.
* Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of all accidents, near misses and breaches of rules.
* Multi-skilled engineer with a good understanding of electrical control and automated systems.
* Technical skills required up to the level of HND.
* Demonstrable expertise working within a manufacturing environment.
* Proactive logical approach to problem solving utilising lean manufacturing techniques.
* Aseptic block licence (or the ability to obtain an aseptic licence)
* Ability to work to critical timelines.
* Effective communication skills.
For further information or to apply please contact Lisa Brassingtor email
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.