SCOM Consulatnt / SCOM SME - Security Cleared - 6 Months Contract
A SCOM Specialist / SCOM Consultant role exists to join an experienced team providing Project Devilery and 3rd line support of the System Center suite of products.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and developing the System Center 2012 environment, offering advice and guidance to system users, following best practice in implementing these tools to improve our systems management capabilities. The successful candidate will also have involvement in projects delivering improvements to our service delivery.
Responsibilities will include some of the following:
* Project Delivery and BAU support of the SCOM environment (Agents and Management Servers)
* Managing the System Center environments (in particular SCOM)
* Investigation and support of live issues
* Support and maintenance of vendor Management Packs
* Working within the ITIL framework
* Develop custom application Management Packs to meet customer requirements
* Automation using System Center 2012 Orchestrator and Service Manager
* Defining and implementing best practice in the use of the System Center suite
* Support of new initiatives and project to deliver and support new management tools
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate in depth knowledge in a number of the following technical areas:
* System Center 2012 Operations Manager configuration and administration
* System Center 2012 Operations Manager Advanced Management Pack authoring using Visual Studio
* Cross platform (Linux) monitoring experience
* System Center 2012 Orchestrator configuration and administration
* System Center 2012 Service Manager configuration and administration
* Development of Enterprise automation solutions using System Center 2012 Orchestrator and Service Manager
* Advanced PowerShell scripting and/or C# .NET
* Windows 2012 Server administration
* Microsoft SQL Server Administration
My client are looking to bring someone on board immediately, however, they will wait up to 1 month for the right candidate.
Ideally this candidate will hold clearance, however, they may consider putting the right candidate through clearance.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Mike McEvoy , by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website .
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at ' VIQU IT Recruitment' on LinkedIn, and Twitter: @VIQU_UK