There is an immediate requirement for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a leading national homebuilder on a full time/ Permanent basis.
Reporting to the surveying manager, the successful candidates will be Provide the business with cost management for assigned developments from land procurement to the completion of sub-contract final accounts and statutory authority adoption certificates
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to;
*Maintain a record of current Build Cost/Rates and liaise with the Company Estimator to ensure all records are current
*Attend the Site pre-start meeting to receive construction issue drawings and determine Build and Sales strategy
*Agree tender list with Area Build Manager and review site build strategy, site overhead provision, build programme and site resource requirements.
*Compile tender packages for all sub-contract trades and despatch in accordance with Commercial Best Practice Manual
*Set up and regularly review with the Site Management team the PPQA tick sheet to facilitate sub-contract contract work payment
*Control and report post contract cost movements per development every month
*Ensure invoices/applications for payments are processed in accordance with company procedures
*Maintain final account schedule
It is assumed the successful candidate will hold the following skills & experience. However, candidates with similar, transferable experience are welcomed to apply:
Education, training or qualifications
* HNC / HND in Surveying
* Candidates must be prepared to complete a degree course as part of their employment
* At least 1 year experience working within a residential house builder
* Experience maybe gained from a similar position or promotion
* A good understanding or building regulations and legal obligations
* A good knowledge or construction methods and materials
Special skills or knowledge
* Strong mathematical and IT ability
* Ability to assess and analyse information
* Good business sense
* Good understanding of budget management
* Negotiating and networking skills
In return, there is chance to join a leading national company at a time of significant growth with a real focus on higher quality & lower volume builds. A negotiable salary plus benefits is available, dependant on skills and experience.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.