This is an opportunity for a Key Account Manager to join a multi-national company working heavily in the Nickel-Alloy industry. Having multiple sites across the UK, they continue to invest in machinery to support their growth.
The Key Account Manager will support the Nickel Alloy division, which sits within an iconic company which is in a high growth, dynamic, and exciting environment.
The successful candidate must be capable of recommending to Business Unit management the strategies and tactics required to improve customer satisfaction and achieve profitability improvements while in long term contract.
They are also expected to be able to comprehend the sophisticated technical processes that are critical to understanding customer needs and requirements as well as other products and manufacturing systems.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and progressively managing client / supplier relationships for both existing and existing clients in support of growing your own portfolio of business, across the Nickel Alloy industry
- Identifying medium and long term new product, new customer opportunities within the European and domestic market
- To secure orders and ongoing business within agreed financial margins and within agreed pricing policy whilst ensuring that each policy provides reasonable freedom and flexibility to make pricing / margin decisions when in negotiation without the need to refer to the Commercial Lead
- Monitoring of KPIs and service performance, highlighting and notifying the relevant members where required and prepare sales forecasts throughout the course of each financial year, measured against relevant annual sales budgets and providing credible explanation wherever a shortfall or gain is evidenced.
- You will be able to demonstrate a great attention to detail and the ability to respond in a timely and effective manner
- You will have experience in working within a fast paced environment, working to tight deadlines and using own initiative
- You will also have a confident demeanor and approach when dealing with internal and external customers and in meetings
There will be a significant amount of travel to other sites across the UK as well as the USA and Europe.
What is in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company who are changing the future of their environments, through investing in the right people and bringing in exceptional expertise along with great engineering knowledge to shape their business.
They offer full support to their people, as well as competitive salaries, pension scheme and other benefits.
They work with some of the biggest names within their industry and want the best people to grow and evolve with them.