The DevOps Engineer will work closely with many stakeholders to understand the requirements and circumstances that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Within Case Management Delivery Group they will need to establish and support environments whereby developing, testing and releasing of code, is able to happen quickly and frequently. They will need to be able to deploy and maintain product releases and configurations and design, maintain and scale cloud based infrastructure.
· Design and configuration of enterprise level software designed for real time monitoring.
· Design and configuration of customised dashboards for real time monitoring.
· Configure and administer git source code repositories
· Create and maintain infrastructure as code using Puppet
· Configure and understand cloud computing technologies
· Seek opportunities to grow technology and best practice knowledge and experience
· Proactively make recommendations i.e. Tooling, monitoring, based on development methodologies
· Contribute technical knowledge to System Software Roadmaps
· Design core scripts to automate maintenance and alerting tasks
· Agile methodologies are understood, embedded and sustained
· Pilot and implement new and emerging DevOps technologies
· Provide advice/training/knowledge transfer
· Highlight/escalate issues as appropriate
· Provide support for the Live systems
· Working with 3rd parties vendors as part of project delivery
Essential Knowledge, Criteria and Skills
* Experience in enterprise level monitoring software Zabbix
* Operating Systems Administration skills: Redhat Linux, Windows, Networking, Middleware.
* Excellent environment management, automation and scripting skills e.g. Shell/Python/Perl scripts
* Experience with integrating deployment and automation toolsets into an operational solution.
* Experience with continuous build, automated deployment, testing and integration methodology and tooling experience i.e.: (Jenkins//Maven/Nexus/Puppet)
* Experience with the use of version source control systems such as Subversion or Git.
* Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)
* Release and Environment management experience.
* Experience of designing, deploying and managing technical environments.
* Strong knowledge of factors influencing performance and ability to tune systems to achieve best possible performance and capacity.
* Experience with Release and Configuration Management processes.
* Installation and management of open source monitoring tools.
* Strong problem-solving skills and experience debugging a complex multi-server service common web application / integration architectures (SOA).
* Working within a product-centric environment.
* Breadth of experience with strengths in application programming, security, operations, networking and design.
* Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
Desirable Knowledge, Criteria and Skills
* Managing their workload across multiple concurrent projects each needing DevOps input
* Agile / Scrum Projects
* Agile tooling such as Jira and Confluence
* Oracle database development
* Full software development lifecycle
* Server virtualization
* Development environment virtualisation (e.g. AWS)
* Configuration and delivery to Cloud environments (e.g. Oracle Cloud)