Apprenticeship Funding - For eligibility please speak to us directly.
Ancon are looking for an Apprentice to join the busy warehouse, if you are wanting to work hard and have the mind set to make a difference then APPLY NOW!
Duties Will Include:
* Accurately interpret sales orders and select, count/weigh, legibly identify and appropriately pack items safely for transportation to Customers.
* Accurately record despatch information and generate despatch paperwork using computerised business system.
* Maintain documentation in a tidy, orderly manner.
* Competently operate a range of packaging/despatch lifting equipment. Promptly load/unload vehicles via overhead crane/FLT or by hand in a safe manner.
* Produce packaging specifications/estimates to enable collection to be arranged.
* The candidates should be enthusiastic and driven
* Self-starter with a 'can do' attitude who is capable of using their own initiative and able to communicate effectively at all levels
Candidates for this role will need to be 18yrs or over to satisfy the insurance for forklift duties within the business
* Hard working, productive and efficient in planning and executing tasks
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Is a diligent team player
* Pays exceptional attention to detail
* Has good organisation/administrative skills
* Good telephone manner
* Computer literate (Particularly Microsoft Excel)
As part of the qualification the successful candidate will undertake meaningful project duties that have been agreed with the employer. The project duties are now a requirement of the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Standard where the candidate will be supported throughout by their Employer and Work Based Learning Tutor.
Hours and Wage:
39 Hours per week. Monday - Friday
£230.10 Per Week
Progression to a higher level qualification
Ancon designs and manufactures essential steel components providing strength and stability to buildings and structures around the world. Trusted for their integrity, reliability and compliance, Ancon steel fixings are precision manufactured to perform in the most demanding concrete and masonry applications.
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.