* Developing, designing, documenting and deploying new or enhanced features to Node js front end
services that meet with functional / non-functional business requirements
* Actively participating in the team's elaboration and estimation of user stories
* Building frequent, small releases to maintain the team's momentum
* Collaborating closely with other engineers in their cross-functional feature teams; ensuring that
others can cover for you, and that you can cover for them
* Deploying your releases through the Continuous Deployment pipelines
* Maintaining operational responsibility for the services that your team owns
Key skills required
* Developing user-friendly, data-rich applications using tech such as Node.js, HTML & CSS
* Experience working to GDS guidelines
* Delivering frequent, small enhancements aligned to evolving user needs
* Experience in building front-end applications/services in secure Cloud (AWS/Kubernetes) environments
* Experience in integrating with backend services, including RESTful APIs and databases
* Good engineering practices including continuous delivery, clean code, documentation,
defensive programming, automated testing and code reviews
* Experienced in working in Agile development and/or DevOps teams
* GitHub/GitLab for source control
* Test Driven Development with appropriate tools and frameworks
* Experience in containerisation technologies, such as Docker
* Experience in working with microservices architectures
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.