A well-known college in Basingstoke is looking for an Automotive Technician to run their workshop during term time. Some previous automotive experience is essential, as as in an enhanced DBS check. The role will be varied and interesting with direct engagement with the students. Relevant vocational experience and teaching qualification not required, but certainly desirable.
Experience: successful candidates will have a minimum of three years' experience working in a similar workshop environment. In addition, you will have worked as a supervisor for a similar length of time.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent technical knowledge of an automotive workshop
- Ability to prepare equipment and/or materials for use in an automotive workshop, meeting industry standards
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and compliance in a workshop environment
- Excellent organisational skills
- Two-way communication
- Team working
- Student/Customer focussed
- Innovative and problem-solving
- Organised and proactive
- Calm and confident
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and to motivate others
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students
- Commitment to Equality and Diversity
- Ability to maintain order and respect within the team
The role pays £11.50 - £12.00/hour, dependant on experience and there is an immediate start. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please ring us on 0118 955 3284 and ask for Naomi. Don't delay - apply today!