A privately-held, aviation manufacturing company is looking for an experienced technician/fitter to work in their Basingstoke location building, refurbishing and managing airport equipment projects. Successful candidates must have either a relevant NVQ or associated degree, or at least three years' experience in a similar role.
You will be familiar with hydraulics/pups, stairlifts, belt loaders and water units. Previous welding experience is desirable, but not required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills with ability to retain composure and flexibility under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and to determine and manage priorities to meet multiple deadlines
- Effective both in a team and as an individual. Precise, accurate and meticulous - very high attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Able to read and work to engineering drawings
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 5 GCSE Grade C or above, including Maths, English and a Science subject
- Five years' experience working in a similar environment/role
- Recognised Aircraft Maintenance/Craft Apprenticeship or BTEC Level 3 Aeronautical Engineering and NVQ Level 3 Aeronautical Engineering - or equivalent experiece
You do not need to have your own tools.
The pay is between £10.00 and £12.00/hour, depending on experience and, for the right candidate, this is an opportunity to learn and grow with an exciting company.
You must have access to your own transport - the Basingstoke location is extremely rural with no access to bus or train routes.
If you think this is the position for you - please ring us on 0118 955 3284 and ask for Naomi.