Java Developer with strong Microservices and Java 8 experience is required by global banking client based in London.
Key skills required
* Experience developing web APIs for Mobile applications
* Experience with continuous delivery of Mobile applications
* Experience building scalable components with a Microservice architecture
* Strong technical experience on server-side development (Java 8, Spring Boot, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, MuleSoft API Gateway)
* Understanding and championing of functional programming paradigms and reactive programming (RxJava or similar framework)
* Strong experience in continuous build/integration/deployment tools including Jenkins, Git and Jira
* Exposure to monitoring tools (Splunk, AppDynamics, Prometheus or similar) and fault tolerance tools like Hystrix
* Working knowledge of Python
* Experience of Kotlin is advantageous
* Experience working in Agile teams
* Strong communication skills and a great team player
* Troubleshooting skills
* Performance testing
Key Responsibilities/duties (what will the candidate be doing)
* Work closely with Scrum teams to understand business requirements and build scalable APIs to support this
* Hands on server side development with good working knowledge of client side
* Responsible for the entire software development lifecycle, from build, deploy to on-going production support
* Enjoy working with a team of engineers to solve interesting technical challenges
* Provide support to the development teams
* Ensure that the mobile services conform to HSBC's controls
* Collaborate with a variety of teams for development and incident management
* Actively participate in the Mobile Engineering Discipline and associated communities
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.