Additional Terms for Recruiters
- On receipt by us of your subscription and submitted information via our on-line form, you will be deemed to have accepted all of these terms and conditions, and will be granted access (subject to receiving payment) to our database in accordance with these terms and conditions. You also agree that all of the information you supply to us is correct, truthful and complete. You agree to inform us by email, telephone or post of any changes to any of the information supplied by you to us. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement in the event that any of the information provided by you to us, is no longer current or accurate or in the event you are in breach of these Terms & Conditions.
- We will take reasonable steps to provide a reliable service to you. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of any of the CVs stored in our database. You acknowledge and accept that this is beyond our control, and refunds cannot be given in the event of untruthful information being submitted by Candidates.
- You acknowledge and accept that all rights to information provided by third parties are reserved by those third parties, and that such information may not be used in any way that infringes any proprietary interests of those third parties. You agree not to disclose any information provided by the Candidates to any third parties, or those not directly related to the recruitment process of the individual(s) in question.
- You acknowledge and accept that you will at all times comply with the provisions of current data protection legislation. And you will not, by any act or omission cause
CV-browser Ltd to be in breach of current data protection legislation.
- You acknowledge and accept that you are acting as a data controller for the purpose of current data protection legislation in connection with any personal data obtained in the provision of the Services by CVbrowser. It is your responsibility to comply with your obligations as a data controller and to satisfy yourself of the legal grounds for processing any personal data.
- CVbrowser acknowledges that it will act as a data controller for the purposes of current data protection legislation and that it will comply with its legal obligations in the provision of the Services.
- Any personal details which you provide to us from which we can identify you are held in accordance with our Data Protection Registration. You are obliged to have a lawful basis for the transfer of any personal data you provide to us. You agree that you do not object to us using this information to contact you for the purpose of improving our service to you, requesting payment(s), discussing account status, and you confirm that you do not consider any of the above as a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
- Reselling of CVbrowser services from 'recruitment agencies/flat fee companies' to other companies or agencies for the purpose of recruitment is not allowed on the site without prior written permission from CVbrowser, in the event that this occurs your account will be cancelled without refund. Permitted Resellers are also bound by the following:
Downloading or leeching our CV database, wholly or in part, for any reason other than recruiting for a current vacancy is strictly forbidden and will result in immediate cancellation of your account, without refund. Downloading using any software other than a browser is also strictly forbidden and will result in immediate cancellation of your account, without refund. Legal action may be taken against you. CVbrower’s database usage functions on a search and selection process; CVs must be previewed to ensure relevancy against a specific job vacancy prior to download. Bulk downloading CVs is not permitted.
Contacting Candidates via email or other means, for any reason other than recruitment, is strictly forbidden.
You agree not to put excessive load on our servers.
With regards to fixed users, you agree that only these users will have access to the account. If any unauthorized users attempt to access the account, or if the account is accessed from other locations, we reserve the right to cancel your account immediately, without refund.
You shall use the CVbrowser CV Database as provided in these Terms and in any contract You have with CVbrowser. You shall use the CVbrowser CV Database in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws, and You agree You shall not further disclose any of the data from CVbrowser CV Database to any third party, unless You are an authorized recruitment agency, staffing agency, advertising or other agency or using the CV explicitly for employment purposes.
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted and not do anything which may bring CVbrowser into disrepute. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against CVbrowser arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
We do not guarantee any response to your advertisement or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that Candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
We have rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on CVbrowser. Their purpose is to ensure that users who search the site or the CVbrowser database get results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from CVbrowser any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
- a. You cannot resell to direct clients of CVbrowser or stop companies from using our service
- b. All postings must be in your own brand
- d. We have the right to refuse to display any client branded adverts if we have a relationship with the client directly, or are in talks to do so
Your job posting(s) can be distributed to and displayed across our network of selected partner sites. Your job posting(s) can be excluded from selected/all partner sites upon request by contacting us at [email protected] The following cannot be guaranteed:
- a. The job posted must exist in the town advertised, unless it is a franchise opportunity (which must be stated in the description).
- b. The job title should be specific and be the best description for the role. It must not include locations or salaries and should not be a slogan (e.g. Great Opportunity or Money To Be Made!).
- c. Emails and URLs within job descriptions are not allowed. We will automatically remove these.
- d. The description of the role should mention the required skills as well as details describing the role. Contact names should not be mentioned in the job description.
- e. If the job role offers training and there is a charge for this then the vacancy must state this.
- f. Advertisements which discriminate (or appear to discriminate) on grounds of sex, race, age or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. Advertisements are accepted by CVbrowser on the basis that the advertiser confirms that any requirement or qualification which may appear to discriminate illegally is in compliance with any exemption available under the relevant legislation. Notwithstanding this confirmation, if we nonetheless believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from CVbrowser without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
- g. The vacancy should accurately describe the role and not mislead the Candidate; sufficient detail should be included in order for the Candidate to understand the nature of the role and the basic requirements of the role. If a role requires a Candidate to work in multiple locations then the vacancy must state this; if the role is selling a product/service 'door-to-door' then the vacancy must state this; similarly, if the role is a commission only role then this must be stated on the vacancy.
Subscription access must be used within the Fixed Term; time will not be extended for expired subscriptions that have not been used.
All information provided to you by us is confidential you will not disclose your username and/or password to any persons outside of your company. If disclosure occurs we reserve the right to terminate this agreement immediately and seek compensation. Passwords are for the sole use of the person to whom they are issued. Passwords must be kept confidential and secure. We may deny access to a password if we reasonably believe that it is being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is breaching these terms and conditions. You agree to notify us as soon as reasonably possible in the event that your password is, or may be, known to any person(s) other than those within your organisation. Upon notification of such an event, we will render such password inoperable, and will issue a new password by a mutually agreed method (telephone or email or post).
We shall not be liable for any losses, damages or claims which result directly or indirectly from any person obtaining any passwords that we have issued.
CVbrowser acts as an agent, and is not responsible for the content of job adverts from different employers/agencies. If you have an issue with a job advert that is not your own, you should deal with this directly
- a. your job posting(s) will appear on our entire network
- b. the job posting(s) will appear on specific partner sites
- c. the ranking/positioning of your job(s) on any of our partner sites
Refunds cannot be provided if the Candidate is not of the desired age, sex, race, or nationality, as these criteria contradict our equal opportunities policy, and common decency.
The terms and conditions of this agreement will continue unless terminated by you or us, by notice in accordance with this section.
- a. You agree to pay the entire balance (in pounds sterling) of your account prior to the commencement of the subscription. You agree that payments will be made using our online payment system. You acknowledge and agree that in the event of failure by you, or the person with whom responsibility lies for payment of such transactions, that we may terminate your account and cancel this agreement immediately. We may also pursue payment in a court of law.
- b. You agree to the payment structure agreed and agree to be charged in accordance with it. All prices are in pounds sterling.
- c. You agree that we may alter the above rates within 14 days of notifying you of such changes, although any changes will not come into effect until the end of your Fixed Term. If you do not wish to continue this agreement with the altered rates, you may terminate the agreement at the end of your Fixed Term.
- e. All prices exclude VAT.
- a. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement immediately and payment will become due immediately of all outstanding amounts. CVbrowser will have no further obligation to you, upon the occurrence of any of the following events:
- i. You fail to pay any amount due to us;
- ii. You are a limited company and call a meeting of creditors or are otherwise the subject of proceedings under the Insolvency Act of 1986, or are unable to pay your debts as they fall due within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act of 1986, you cease to trade or go into liquidation;
- iii. You are an individual and are declared bankrupt or enter into any arrangement or compromise with your creditors, or you cease to trade;
- iv. The Recruiter is in material breach of these terms and conditions and has not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied.
- b. The Recruiter may terminate the provision of Services in writing to us:
- i. To expire at the end of the Fixed Term.
- ii. In the event that we are in material breach of these terms and conditions and have not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied, or:
- iii. We become insolvent, cease to trade or go into liquidation
- iv. Termination by the Customer before the end of the Fixed Term may, at our discretion, result in loss of discounts agreed for the entire Fixed Term.